“Though no-one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end.” ~Unknown author
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” ~Winston Churchill
This is a crunchy, chocolate, peanut butter, dessert, that I found in a Taste Of Home Cookbook. It takes a little bit of time but is well worth it. Also, this brownie delight is extra delicious with a scoop of mint ice cream. 🙂
Chocolate Crunch Brownies
- Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- Yield: 36 Servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not over bake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars.
*picture from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chocolate-Crunch-Brownies