- 20 Regular Sized Marshmallows
- 3 cups Coffee Creamer, Half &Half or Heavy Cream
- ½ cups Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (canola, veggie)
- 2 drops Orange Food Coloring, More Or Less For Desired Color (optional, and not recommended)
1. Put the marshmallows into a big microwave safe bowl. (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this.)
2. Heat the marshmallows in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
3. Whisk the soft marshmallows with 1/2 cup of creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
4. Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of creamer, orange juice concentrate and oil. – You can add a little orange food coloring if it needs to be jazzed up.
5. Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to freeze.
6. Spoon the frozen ice cream into push-up containers and freeze.
Makes 1 1/2 quarts, or enough to fill 12 push-up containers.
*You can find the push-pop containers at amazon.com