Today is the first day of fall. aka- The season of cooler temperatures 😉 warm apple cider, home-made doughnuts, fresh apples, and pumpkins.
So today, in honor of the beginning of this beautiful new season, i have a splendid reicpe to share with you all that will help you ring in the new fall season…savvy aye? It’s a “Do It Yourself” version of Starbucks delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte…
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Yield: 1 large drink
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 4 min
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons half & half cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar, or more to taste
- whipped cream, & ground nutmeg, Optional
1. In a glass measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes- watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot and frothy.
2. Pour the pumpkin milk into a tall mug or glass. Add hot coffee. Pour in the cream. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Stir, and taste. Add more sugar, if desired.
3. Optional, (but oh so good)… add whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately!
*Feel free to lighten up the recipe by using nonfat milk and fat-free half & half. It won’t be as rich, but it will still give you that yummy pumpkin latte flavor. *If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice in your collection of spices, make your own! Mix equal parts of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg- and measure from there.