A randomly found recipe with some additional tweaking done to it turned-out to be the most amazing, flavorful and rich tasting cookie ever! 🙂
- 2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
- 1-¼ cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2-¼ cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Oats, Quick Cooking
- 1-½ cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 1/2 bag White Chocolate Chips (optional)
- 1 package Toffee Bits (8 Oz Package) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large sized bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugars. Once they are well combined add in your vanilla and the eggs, one egg at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir them together to make sure they are mixed well.
3. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Scrape down your bowl and then add the rest of the flour mixture. Blend together until just combined.
4. Add in the oats, coconut and white chips/toffee bits and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
5. Using a small scoop, about 1″ size, scoop the batter onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place the balls about 2 inches apart. Flatten with the back of a spoon or your hand.
6. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes(let me stress: Do Not over-bake!). Then remove them from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then remove them to a cooling rack to let them cool the rest of the way.
Happy Baking & Bon Appetit!