Serve these scones warm with a good cup of coffee (or tea!) for a delightful morning or early afternoon treat! Bon Appètit!
Makes about 8 triangular pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons white granulated Sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen – I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate chips
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
– Add in the butter and mix with your hands until mixture resembles coarse sand.
– Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips. Set aside.
– In a small bowl, beat together egg, vanilla, and heavy cream.
– Pour over the scone batter and lightly mix until the dough comes together. The dough will be sticky.
– Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface, form a circle, and flatten it until it is about 1-inch thick.
– Using a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut 8 equal pie wedges (the dough will be slightly unmanageable, but not adding additional flour results in tender scones).
– Transfer scones to a baking sheet using a flat spatula dipped in flour and sprinkle the tops of the scones with a little granulated sugar.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.