~ I was so thrilled when i found this recipe because i am not able to eat the coloring dies that store-bought pops have in them, so now i can make these Homemade Orange Push-ups Pops – minus the coloring die, and still be able to enjoy a favorite summer treat! ~
20 Regular Sized Marshmallows
3 cups Coffee Creamer, Half &Half or Heavy Cream
½ cups Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
2 Tablespoons Oil (canola, veggie)
2 drops Orange Food Coloring, More Or Less For Desired Color (optional, and not recommended)
1. Put the marshmallows into a big microwave safe bowl. (I have an 8 cup Pyrex that is perfect for this.)
2. Heat the marshmallows in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until soft and puffy.
3. Whisk the soft marshmallows with 1/2 cup of creamer until smooth. You may have to return the mixture to the microwave for another minute or so to get the marshmallows to fully melt into the creamer.
4. Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of creamer, orange juice concentrate and oil. – You can add a little orange food coloring if it needs to be jazzed up.
5. Cool the mixture down in the freezer or refrigerator before pouring into an ice cream maker to freeze.
6. Spoon the frozen ice cream into push-up containers and freeze.
Makes 1 1/2 quarts, or enough to fill 12 push-up containers.
*You can find the push-pop containers at amazon.com
Lemon Slush is a favorite summer treat that i invented, -we like to make it for a little something cool and refreshing to cut the blistering heat of summer days. It all started when one evening i was craving a sweet/cold treat, – we had nothing like that in the house to indulge in- So i grabbed some ice from the freezer, and some sugar, lemon juice, and a bit of water, put it all in a blender and wonder of wonders! – it turned out to be better than something you could even buy at Dunkin’ Doughnuts! – I amazed myself, and the next time i made it, i gave some to my family…..they’re all devoted fans of the stuff!!!
Ice Cubes ( depending on how much you want to make use more or less….i use about 2 handfuls for a good sized one person glass)
1TablespoonSugar [more or less to taste (You can also substitute the sugar for agave syrup, or you can use another natural sweetener- it doesn’t matter all that much]
1 TeaspoonWater ( i used the water because my blender would not blend with-out it, but if yours works with out the water, that’s good too.)
1 tsp. Lemon Juice (more to taste if you need it)
Directions: Blend everything together until smooth.- (when it’s done it should be very thick with an almost creamy like froth on top. -Not like in the picture above btw ;^))