Hey Guys! I’m so excited to share with you my newest found favorite treat! Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are perfectly divine, (i’m totally in love=addicted to them) – and i hope you will be too! 😉
1-3/4 stick Cold Butter, Cut Into Pieces
1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
1-1/2 cup Oats (quick Or Regular)
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 jar (10 To 12 Ounce) Strawberry (or any) Preserves (whip them with a spoon first to make them easier to spread!)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 or 8 x 10 baking dish.
Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half the mixture into the pan and pat lightly to pack it a little tight. Spoon strawberry preserves evenly over the surface, then use a dinner knife to carefully spread it around. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly again. Bake until light golden brown on top, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan. When cool, cut into squares and serve.
A randomly found recipe with some additional tweaking done to it turned-out to be the most amazing, flavorful and rich tasting cookie ever! 🙂
2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
1-¼ cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
¾ cups Sugar
3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 whole Eggs
2-¼ cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 cup Oats, Quick Cooking
1-½ cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
1/2 bag White Chocolate Chips (optional)
1 package Toffee Bits (8 Oz Package) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large sized bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugars. Once they are well combined add in your vanilla and the eggs, one egg at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir them together to make sure they are mixed well.
3. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Scrape down your bowl and then add the rest of the flour mixture. Blend together until just combined.
4. Add in the oats, coconut and white chips/toffee bits and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
5. Using a small scoop, about 1″ size, scoop the batter onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place the balls about 2 inches apart. Flatten with the back of a spoon or your hand.
6. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes(let me stress: Do Not over-bake!). Then remove them from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then remove them to a cooling rack to let them cool the rest of the way.
Hey Everybody! I was board of my “normal” kind-of oatmeal i was eating every morning, so i created a scrumptious new version that is a cinch to throw together! It’s intensely rich and creamy, so it tastes like a real treat!
1/2 cup quick Oats
1/3 cup Whole Milk, Almond or Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Yogurt (plain, or flavored)
2 1/2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
Egg Nog, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Pie spice
1 small Carrot (shredded)
Jam, Preserves, fresh or dried Fruit
Coconut, Chocolate, Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, etc.
Maple Syrup, Sugar, Stevia or Honey (sweeten to taste- if needed)
Directions: Beat together all the dairy ingredients, then once you get it to a smooth texture, add your oats, and any other ingredients you would like incorporated, scoop into a dish, cover, and let refrigerate at least 5 hours before devouring! 🙂
Tips & Extra’s :
I perfer to use quick oats as apposed to whole/rolled oats, but since that’s just MY preference, you can use whatever you like!
I make this at night before i head to bed so that first thing in the morning i can just grab it out of the fridge on my way out the door to work!
This is a really creamy and dense oatmeal, so don’t think you’ve made it wrong if it appears to have the texture of that similar to a big gluey mess! lol
I find it easier to store this recipe in Mason canning jars, but then again….that might just be me! 🙂
♥ Don’t forget to leave me a comment ↓ below ↓ if you like this recipe! Also, if you change anything when you make it, tell me what you did, and if you liked that better! ~ I’m always looking for new ideas to try! ♥