Here’s a yummy little fall treat for you to try! Perfect by themselves as a breakfast dish, try serving these at your next brunch! You can also serve with vanilla ice cream for dessert. 😉
- 6 baking Apples (such as Cortland, Empire, Gala, Braeburn, or Pippin)
- 1 & 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 tsp, Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped candied or plain Nuts (i used walnuts & almonds)
- 1/3 cup light or dark brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberry’s, cherry’s, or blueberry’s
- 2 tablespoons Butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 400° F. Remove and discard the cores from the apples. Place the apples in a 9- by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, spices, nuts, dried fruit, sugar and butter. Divide the mixture among the apples. (You can cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.) Bake covered until tender, about 25 minutes.
Tip from the test kitchen: I’ve made these Apples using other settings as well and i really like how they turned out!*
*All I did was set my oven to 350° F and then baked the apples, covered, for around 50 minuets instead. My thinking here is that it gives the apples more time to slowly release that juiciness and flavor into the mixture, and I’ve found that the apples i’ve made this way are extra soft and tender.
♥Leave me a comment below to let me know which way you decided to try these & how you liked it! ♥
Happy Baking & Bon Appètit!